Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chapter Seven Thoughts

Chapter seven is one that I read and then read again, and then read again.  The convicting truth and precious grace of Ann's words bring clarity to many of the thoughts and frustrations that have seemed to have free reign in my mind.
Do I believe in the power of the pit?  Do I believe that anger and frustration will get me there?  I may say that I don't, but I am really the blasphemer.  God intends to use all of these moments that He gives me every day.  They are His moments....He has given them as a gift.  Why do I return the gift and basically say, "No thanks....try again....that was not what I wanted."  Oh, to see the moment by moment as gift.....the repetitive tasks that I accomplish one day, only to repeat them all again the next, to see these too as gift....to look through these moments and see His gift to me.  Why do I choose to wail like Hagar and not look up to see the well...full of living water?
To be the one responsible for the home, the education of my children, the nurturing of souls every day, and the plethora of other tasks that I tend to can be quite overwhelming when I think about it.  But with each chapter I am learning to slow...God is refining my heart, refining my focus, giving me a vision for ministry, filling me as I pour out.
I am practicing, and I am learning through this journey of Eucharisteo.  My relationships are deepening...with my children, my husband, and my God.  My daughter is journaling her own eucharisteo in Ann's 7 Gifts, Good and Perfect booklet.  We are practicing as a family through our own Trail to the Tree.

Thank you for sharing this journey...please feel free to post what God is revealing to you through these chapters.

No comments: