Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chapter Eight Thoughts

I have taken quite a long blogging break from both our family's blog and the book club.  My word for this year is focus, and I needed some time to just do that.  To focus on the source of my peace, my joy, my strength.  To focus on the one who is all grace, all love.  To focus on His calling for my life, both big picture and in this season and seek clarity in it all.  God never fails to meet us where we are, to restore our soul, to give us what we need for each moment.
Thank you for your beautiful posts, for sharing how God is using this book in your life to make you more like Him and to bring Him glory.  I love sharing this journey with friends from all over the country and feeling such a connectedness and understanding.  Your lives are a beautiful encouragement to me and you have filled many numbers in my eucharisteo notebook.

Chapter eight....trust.  God revealed a diagram to me as I journaled through this chapter.  My word last year was joy, and Ann spoke so beautifully about the connectedness between joy and trust in this chapter.

"Isn't joy worth the effort of trust?"  Trust is work and must be intentional and focused.  "There is no joy without trust."  "Remembering with thanks is what causes us to trust...to really believe."  "Opening the hand to receive the moments.  Trusting what is received to be grace."

My diagram looks something like this.....Focus on eucharisteo.....eucharisteo leads to/causes.....Trust....trust leads to/causes....Joy!  Simple, but powerful in my heart as several years of surrender and study of His word came together.

I am learning to open the hand......to receive the moments.....to trust what is being received as grace.  I am learning that it is okay for this to be work...to pick up the pen in the moment and count it, write it down, close my mouth and write it down...it is hard when my flesh wants to be frustrated, to complain...but "isn't joy worth the effort of trust?"  Oh, yes it is....and I choose joy.

No comments: