Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Busted!!

Before I went to sleep last night, I cracked open chapter 4. It could not have been more timely. By the time I stopped (I didn't even finish the chapter), I was crying. Yesterday, I treated my sweet 7 year old like a distraction the whole day. Oh, there were a couple of moments that I stopped to help him, but I made sure my face showed that I wasn't happy about it. He was asking so nicely...he wasn't being demanding...he hadn't done a thing wrong...and even if he was wrong, he never deserves to be treated that way. I am now 36 weeks pregnant, and there are things around the house that I really want to get done before the baby comes. That's what I was working on yesterday. That's important, isn't it???? Sure, the boys need to know that they're not the center of my universe and that I can't always stop what I'm doing to help them. However, I was so so wrong yesterday. I was so into "me" and "my stuff". Ewwww....I'm getting disgusted with myself just typing this. The more I read of chapter 4, the more guilty I felt. I went into his bedroom and kissed his sweet face. I wanted to wake him up and go through the day again, making different choices. That would never have worked, though--he gets his sound sleeping abilities from both of his parents, and he's really good at it!!! Instead, I waited until this morning at the breakfast table and I said, "I really messed up yesterday." "On what?" he asked. "On you," I replied. He smiled. I said, "I am so sorry I didn't stop to help you with your computer game and I didn't stop to play with you or talk with you." He nonchalantly said, "It's ok, mom." Just like that...he's over it. It's a new day...just like our Father, his mercies for me are new every morning. I'm learning so much from my 7 year old.

No comments: