Friday, February 11, 2011

Eucharisteo

Just got to school...1st graders are arriving in five minutes...hectic morning...classroom is not set up when I get here...Tim was in a grumpy mood this morning...still not used to him working Friday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday...I'm being evaluated today by the principal...Simon has a fever, should I take him to the doctor?...

As I was setting up the chairs in my classroom, I found myself chanting this mantra "Eucharisteo...as long as thanks is possible, then joy is always possible". Thanks...can I give thanks? I can. Thank you for this job, perfect for me and for our family. Thank you for Tim, for a new job that fits his gifts and provides so well for our family. Thank you for his help in the mornings. Thank you for a great principal who values me and is interested in my life. Thank you for Simon, for healing him and for giving me wisdom to know when a trip to the doctor is necessary.

Nothing around me has changed, but I have found joy. Joy is ALWAYS possible. I'm learning it, s.l.o.w.l.y.....

No comments: